Comments Off Posted by Joanna Schroeder – February 1st, 2013
- Novozymes has acquired Iogen Bio-Products, industrial enzyme business of Ottawa-based Iogen Corporation for CAD 67.5 million and potential earn-out payments of up to CAD 12.5 million.
- IKEA has “plugged-in” the solar energy system installed at its South Florida store in the City of Sunrise, which will be the largest solar installation in South Florida and, when combined with IKEA projects already completed atop stores in Orlando and Tampa, will make IKEA the state’s largest non-utility solar owner.
- SunPower Corp. has announced a new program with U.S. Bancorp, the SunPower Lease program, to expand financing options available to homeowners interested in high-efficiency SunPower solar power systems. Two to three thousand homes are expected to benefit from the new program.
- Suntech Power Holdings Co., Ltd. has completed a 3.5 megawatt ground mounted solar PV system in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The system is owned by Saudi Aramco and was installed on the grounds of the King Abdullah Petroleum Studies and Research Center.
- GlobalData has released the new report, “Offshore Wind Power – Global Market Size, Average Installation Price, Regulations, Market Share and Key Country Analysis to 2020.”
- Solar 2013 has announced its line-up for speakers including Bill McKibben, author and founder of 350.org and Kevin Knobloch, president of the Union of Concerned Scientists. Click here for the full agenda.