Comments Off Posted by Joanna Schroeder – February 18th, 2013
- Louis E. Capuano, Jr. has been elected by his peers on the Geothermal Resources Council Board of Directors to be the next President. He replaces Richard Campbell, who remains on the Board of Directors as Past President.
- Registration is now open for the Ethanol 2013: Emerging Issues Forum taking place in Omaha, Nebraska on April 18-19, 2013.
- Don’t miss the European Biomass to Power conference in Krakow, Poland April 10-11, 2013. The final agenda has been released and registration is open.
- Since you’ll already be in Europe, head over to the European Algae Biomass Conference in Vienna, Austria being held April 24-15, 2013. The final agenda has been released and registration is now open.
- VIASPACE has harvested a large number of seedlings from its Giant King Grass nursery in California and shipped them to St. Croix, US Virgin Islands where they have been planted in a 25 acre propagation nursery operated by Tibbar Energy. Tibbar plans to propagate the Giant King Grass to create a 1000+ acre plantation to fuel the 7 MW anaerobic digestion power plant that Tibbar is building on St. Croix.
- The Texas Renewable Energy Industries Association (TREIA) has declared March 4-8, 2013 Texas Energy Independence Week. As part of the week’s events, there will be forums and briefings at the Capitol.