Comments Off Posted by Joanna Schroeder – March 11th, 2013
- The European Wind Energy Association (EWEA) has elected Andrew Garrad as its new President. Garrad joined the wind energy industry in 1979 and most recently was Chairman of GL Garrad Hassan.
- Amyris, Inc. has joined Bonsucro, the world’s leading sugarcane sustainability standard. Amyris is the first advanced biofuels and chemicals company of its kind to join Bonsucro, paving the way for certification of Amyris’s renewable products.
- The Sacramento International Jet Center, the Sacramento County’s airport system partner for general aviation at the Sacramento International Airport, has installed a 130 kilowatt solar electric system on their state of the art hangar and office facilities. The system is comprised of 562 Conergy PM 235 watt solar modules affixed to the Jet Center rooftop using more than 5,600 feet of Conergy SunTop mounting systems. The entire system is connected to the grid using two Solectria 60 kilowatt inverters.
- According to data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration, wind generated electricity in2012 provided 24.5 percent of all the electricity generated in Iowa. The state was the first in the nation to exceed 20 percent of all generation from wind and generated 18.8 percent of all electricity from wind in 2011. While South Dakota was first nationally in 2011, Iowa reclaimed the number 1 spot in 2012.
- It’s not too late to register for the 6th Annual Iowa Wind Power Conference March 25-27, 2013 at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa. The conference will include a brief celebration of Iowa’s wind generation accomplishment and will feature state and national leaders such as Iowa Governor Branstad, U.S. Representatives King and Loebsack, an official from the US Department of Energy, transmission project updates, new wind energy research, and more.